Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Titlepage.tv

I was so excited about this website and the release of its first video. I planned to watch it over lunch in the office. I was dismayed to find that the video was an hour long. An hour? Really? When am I going to watch that? Not over lunch, not during dinner, probably not after dinner (because The Sarah Connor Chronicles sounded better), and definitely not in the morning. I really hate to be labeled as one of those can't-concentrate, Gen-Y kiddos who doesn't know when the Civil War was (1861 to 1865, and I didn't have to look it up on Wikipedia), but an hour is too long to sit at your computer and watch a video of authors discussing things. In person, that stuff works. Online it does not.

How about posting a highlight video in addition to the full-length video? I'll admit that I have not watched the first video yet because of the aforementioned time constraints, but the reviews have not been great (here, here, and here). Daniel Menaker, I know you can do better! This is good idea so don't blow it!

No comments: