Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Drano

I didn't take pictures of the ordeal, and you all should be thankful. I was going to spend my evening with a good book (I've been meaning to crack open Collected Stories by Roald Dahl), but an unfortunate event befell my bathroom sink.

Admittedly, my sink has been slow-draining for a week or so. The problem came to a head this morning when my sink became no-draining. Turning to the internet in my time of crisis, I found many articles about plunging out a clog. Unless your clog is a cooperative clog, all this does is dredge up some of the black nasty gunk and turn you sink into a basin of grotesque waste. But it was time to go to work, so the grotesque waste had to wait until this evening.

On my way home, I bought some soup and some Drano. I was skeptical of Drano's ability to unclog my sink. This was one stubborn clog. The directions on the Drano bottle sufficiently freaked me out about touching, inhaling, and generally being near this stuff. However, I risked life and limb, opened the bottle, and dumped it into my basin of waste. 30 minutes later...

...that clog was no more! I don't know exactly what is in Drano, or what it might do to your skin, eyes, or mucous membranes, but I do know this: Drano is powerful stuff. My sink is clean and clear. Thank you, Drano!

No comments: